Louis M. Karg
115 Woods North Dr.
Merritt Island, FL 32952
To be part of a team working to achieve the collective goals of the
business and their customers by providing an efficient, high quality, cost
My managers have remarked that my primary strength is the "ability to
quickly analyze situations and come up with solutions that both meet the need
and also simplify the process."
"Lou is exceedingly customer oriented (both internal and external) and
always strives to ensure that the outputs of his tasks meet or exceed their
expectations. This carries over to even tasks that he is not directly
responsible for in that he is always more than willing to help others
overcome whatever obstacles they face so that they can succeed."
- MBA Technology Management, University of Phoenix Online. Nov. 2003
- B.S. Electrical Engineering. Geneva College, Beaver Falls, PA 15010. 2000
- B.S. Computer Science. Geneva College, Beaver Falls, PA 15010. 2000
- Private Pilot Ground School and ASEL Certificate, Community College of Southern Nevada. 1993
- Noncommissioned Officer Professional Military Education (PME), Bitburg AB, [West] Germany. 1988
- Tactical Aircraft and F-15 Maintenance Training, Sheppard AFB TX, Eglin AFB FL 1986
TSSBI (1988 - 1993)
2000-Present: GE Network Solutions, Melbourne FL Staff Engineer
- Function as a Product Manager for XA/21 Security including network,
cyber, application, firewall, and physical securities. Responsible for
writing high-level customer-centric requirements for product needs using
customer input, and then interpret these high-level customer requirements to
internal engineering specifications.
- Product Development – Performed design and technical management of the
implementation of a platform-independent paperless document system utilizing
Adobe PDF datalayer technology interacting with a database via web server
providing data-only storage.
- Design and implementation of a Graphical User Interface (GUI) using
Visual Basic (VB) utilizing ActiveX.dll files to configure a concentrator
node interfacing with 14 different protocols. Performed authorization and
configuration using Oracle database via TCP/IP link.
- Sourced, implemented, and integrated an Eicon Networks X.25 card to a
DDN/90 node for use in Sweden. Also utilized Cisco router with x.25 tunneling
over TCP/IP - interacted with Cisco technical team to implement hardware and
software in the Cisco router O.S.
1997-2000: Engineering Research Assistant, Geneva College Beaver
- Developed software to convert 22KHz WAV files to binary NSAM266 sound
chip format for use in digital devices. Developed in C.
- Coded a software simulator to test communications between a PIC micro
controller and a PC.
- Assisted in prototyping a hardware device using surface mount
- Coded software in VB to remotely update a database via RS232 using Hayes
- Developed a system of infrared emitters and detectors interfaced to a PC
via I/O board to measure the velocity of objects on a board without
interfering with them.
- Assisted in the development of programmable robots to include mechanical
and hardware designs. Developed a simple GUI for programming PIC controlled
robots via RS-232 to PC.
- Developed a program to download information via Internet IP connection
and display it in a graphical form. The program utilizes MS Access 97 for the
database. Coding was accomplished in VB 6.0.
1993-1996: Technician, Field Service Specialist, Assistant to Program
Management, Adtranz (NA), Pittsburgh, PA
- Assisted in the installation, testing, debugging, and startup of the
Denver International Airport (DIA) people mover system with a primary focus
in Central Control software.
- Trained and evaluated People Mover Central Control Operators at the new
DIA for normal airport operations, contingencies, and emergency
- Assisted in the installation, testing, debugging, and start-up of the
Frankfurt International Airport (FFM) People Transport System (PTS) to
include hardware and software on: Power Distribution System (PDS), Central
Control, Vehicle Automatic Train Control (ATC), Wayside ATC, Communications
incl. fiber optics, availability monitoring, Weather Stations and computer,
and Field Site Network. Interacted with Tv Reinland (Certification
Officials), the customer (FFM), contractors, Adtranz engineering and Project
Management staff for system acceptance and compliance.
- Implemented and maintained a dependent schedule using Primavera to help
plan for the second phase of the Frankfurt PTS, track vehicle delivery and
production, site work progress, and defects on the initial phase one
installation. Schedule tracked 470 tasks.
United States Air Force - Honorable Discharge 1993
- TSSBI Security Clearance (1988 - 1993)
- Crew Chief stationed at Bitburg AB GE (F-15C/D) and Nellis AFB NV (TTR)
- Extensive experience performing and optimizing maintenance on F-117A
Stealth Fighter aircraft. Recognized for suggestions (AF-1000) regarding
modifications to the F-117A Aircraft.
- Designed and constructed a Quick Response Team crash recovery trailer for
- Deployed as the initial task force team for constructing and organizing
work places for maintenance of F-117A aircraft in Saudi Arabia for Desert
Shield/Storm. Received Kuwait Liberation Medal.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Awarded a GE Network Solutions Excellence Award for "Making a Difference"
in supporting a short notice assignment to Livingston UK "with a smile".
- Awarded the Sylvester Ammond scholarship for excellence in engineering,
the Electrical Engineering Award for highest average with character and
leadership, and the Professor A.C. Edgecombe Award for the Graduating
Engineer most likely to succeed in business, Geneva College.
- Served as Secretary, Vice Chairman, and Chairman in the first IEEE
student branch at Geneva College. Sponsored three High School robotics
competitions spawning interest in high school juniors and seniors and
attended two IEEE robotic competitions where the Geneva team placed 3rd and
- Received the Adtranz Bronze Quest Quality Award for outstanding
performance above and beyond the normal job expectations while on assignment
to the Frankfurt PTS (Germany).
Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic 5.0, 6.0, Visual C++ 5.0, Borland C++
PL/SQL, 8086 Assembly, QBASIC, COBOL, MicroSim Assembly, MicroSim PIC C, PLC
Oracle (7-9i), D-Base, MS Access, Enable, MS SQL Server, Sybase
MS Project, Primavera, Engineering Excel, Silver Screen 3D Solid Modeling,
AutoCad 14, AutoCad 2000, Minitab, Lotus 123, Word Perfect, MS Excel, MS
Word, and Adobe PDF's 5.0 and 6.0 Professional, T.O.A.D.
UNIX, MS Windows NT/XP Professional and Server, DOS